Editor at BugBitten
Vera Unwin gained her Bsc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (University of Dundee), before completing her MSc in Medical Parasitology (LSHTM) and gaining exciting field experience working in the Amazon, Brazil. After working in the malaria vaccine group at the Jenner Institute (University of Oxford), she moved to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to work on filarial nematode cell lines and then Mycobacterium tuberculosis risk factors. She is currently doing a PhD at the LSTM developing and evaluating diagnostics for malaria elimination settings.
Latest posts by Vera Unwin (see all)
- Merry Christmas from Bugbitten! - 23rd December 2019
- A malaria elimination catch up- Algeria leads the way - 9th August 2019
- Why find the needle in the haystack? - 10th May 2019
Popular Bugbitten tags
Most Read Posts
Most Shared Posts
- Seeking and sourcing safe, fast acting macrofilaricides
- The biodiversity crisis calls for an ecosystem health approach to fight disease vectors
- Sibling-species complexes and implications in malaria vector control
- Cytoplasmic incompatibility: an autocidal mechanism for mosquito population control
- Is the low incidence of COVID-19 in Africa due to prior infections with Plasmodium falciparum?